You cannot add a down payment request to an item to be invoiced.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the Invoice Requests view.
- In the Show field select the All Items option.
- Select the respective item to be invoiced e. g. outbound delivery invoice request XYZ (XYZ represents the document identification number of the outbound delivery).
- Highlight the outbound delivery invoice request XYZ and press the Edit button.
- Select the General tab.
- In the Reference Documents section press the Add Row button.
- Press the value help in the Down Payment Request ID field.
- The Down Payment Request ID ABC is not displayed in the result list (ABC represents the document identification number of the down payment request).
Only a down payment can be assigned to an item to be invoiced. The down payment request ABC is only a request, no payment has been cleared and hence you cannot assign it to the outbound delivery XYZ in your Invoice Requests. The down payment request needs to be in status Cleared.
Here the explanation of the full process:
You ask the customer for a down payment, also called a down payment request. This down payment request is sent to the customer. This request is handled in the trade receivables as an open item, which can be included in dunning, is part of the balance confirmation or can be paid. But it is not posted in the General Ledger. It does also not update the taxes. Taxes are only due when the payment is received. After having received the payment and identified this payment to clear a down payment request, the taxes are updated and will be reported in the next tax declaration. Also, accounting is informed and the posting to general ledger accounts can take place. The final invoice is issued and the down payment received is assigned to the invoice. The clearing is also updating the General Ledger so that a reposting from down payments received to receivables is done. Also, the taxes posted during the down payment are cancelled so that the tax information on the invoice is the final one. The residuary open amount is now ready to be cleared with the final payment.
You can find more detailed information in the integrated Help under the Topic: Down Payments From Customers
You can check this as follows:
- Go to the Receivables work center.
- Go to the Customer view.
- Select the Customer Account sub view.
- From Show list select All Customers and Find account EFG (EFG represents the account identification number of the customer account).
- Select the account EFG and choose View Account. A new window will open up.
- In the Trade Receivables tab activate the Include Statistical Items checkbox.
- In the Show drop down select All Items.
- You can see that down payment request ABC is still in status Open.
- To clear this Down Payment Request you have to select both the respective Open payment and the Open down payment request ABC.
- Select Clear Manually. A new window will open.
- To clear both press the Match items and then the Clear button.
- The down payment request ABC will be in status Cleared and a new document, down payment ABC, will be created.
- This down payment can then be assigned to the item to be invoiced.
KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To