- A report that already has saved data is attempted to be viewed using Crystal Reports For Eclipse Version 2.
- The report contains one or more subreports that is in a section of the main report that is conditionally suppressed by a formula.
- The subreport contains side-effects (for example a shared variable) that will have an impact on the rest of the report.
Crystal Reports For Eclipse Version 2.
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Crystal Report that is based off of a datasource.
- Create a subreport within the main report.
- The subreport needs to be designed so that it has side-effects on the rest of the report (for example, it has formulas that use shared variables).
- Put the subreport into one of the sections of the main report.
- Click on the "Section Expert" of the main report.
- In the section of the main report that holds the subreport, add a forumla to the "Suppress (No Drill-down)" by clicking on the "X+2" button in the "Common" tab.
- Add a forumla that conditionally suppresses that section of the report.
- Viewing Crystal Reports using Crystal Reports for Eclipse Version 2 makes use of the Crystal Reports 2008 Viewer.
- When a report is created with saved data using Crystal Reports Designer 2008, suppressed subreports that have side effects (for example, shared variables) are not evaluated if the subreport is in a hidden or suppressed section and the subreport is linked to the main report.
- Crystal Reports for Eclipse Version 2 makes use of the Java-based Crystal Reports Viewer 2008. In this viewer, suppressed subreports which have side effects (for example shared variables) will be evaluated thus causing the need to make a connection to the database to retrieve the data.
- This is a known and documented limitation of the Crystal Reports 2008 Viewer.
Please refer to the Crystal Reports Viewer 2008 Release Notes - Page 7. The section to reference is called "Types of reports that will have different data" --> "Shared variables in formulas".
A link to the Crystal Report Viewers 2008 Release Notes can be found in the References section.
CR4E,CR4J,Crystal Reports For Java,Crystal Reports For Java Version 2,suppression,suppressed,db,database connectivity,db connectivity,linking,linked, , KBA , BI-DEV-JAV , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - Java , Problem