You create a Purchase order and ordered. Then Net value of the Purchase Order is increased which is greater than the amount maintained in the Purchase Order Approvals fine tuning activity.
Any change to quantity or price or account assignment is done
so you expect an Approval task for the Purchase order,but no task is generated.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Select the purchase order with status sent.
- Select Edit button.
- Change Quantity, Price or Account Assignment of the line item.
- Select Save button and no approval triggered.
Item level approval for Purchase Orders is not in scope yet. Hence if you made any changes to the sent purchase order, it triggers only notification to the responsible user and no approval task gets created.
You have not maintained the rules that must be evaluated for item level approval in the system under the Business Configuration activity Purchase Order Item Level Approvals. The system will consider the rules selected in this activity and then evaluate the purchase order to trigger Item Level Approval.
- The scoping question: 'Do you want to use an approval process for purchase orders at item level?' must be selected.
- The activity 'Purchase Order Item Level Approvals' must be added to the project. This is not done automatically when scoping is changed.
- The Approval Specification must be configured via the sub-activity 'Define parameters for purchase order item approval' found under the activity 'Purchase Order Item Level Approvals'. This will define what attributes will trigger item level approval. (quantity, price, cost assignment) Without this, even if the approval process it setup with specific conditions mentioning these parameters, approval will not take place.
- The approval process must be configured via the sub-activity 'Define approval process for purchase order items'. Here more specific conditions can be configured.
- All above points must be fulfilled for Purchase Order item approval to be triggered.
item level changes has not triggered Approvals, approval of changes in Purchase order,Purchase Order Item Approval not Working , KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , AP-POP , Purchase Order Processing , How To