- ***IMPORTANT UPDATE***
- We have a BRAND NEW 4.2 SSO guide in KBA 2629070 which should be backward compatible to all version of 4.2 and 4.1
- If you have SSO users on windows 10 using IE 11 or Chrome and do not want to modify the registry to enable SSO then KBA 2629070 should be used
- If your AD environment uses AES by default then use KBA 2629070 configuration can use AES out of the box
- If your environment will be using SSL on the web/app KBA 2629070 configuration uses SSL (HTTPS) out of the box as well
- All the latest configuration options, all the latest security settings, constrained delegation, commands to avoid duplicate SPN's, easier to implement web/app settings for non tomcat deployments, etc are in KBA 2629070
- If you are using server Windows AD 2003 (no longer on the PAM for 4.1 and 4.2) or BI 4.0 (out of support as well) then this guide is still the best option, most of the above settings can be implemented but are contained separately in other guides in the reference section below
- How to configure BI4 for manual Active Directory (AD) logon
- How to configure BI4 for AD Single Sign-on (SSO)
- Attempting to automatically logon and receiving a logon page
- SSO fails with various errors such as (but not limited to) the ones listed below...
- If bypassing SSO by using HTTP://<WebApplicationServer>:port/BOE/BI/logonNoSso.jsp there is no error and manual logon can be used
NOTE: when using the attached document, pay special attention to section 8 which has relevant best practice information for both Manual AD and SSO setup
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.x Doc was created for 4.0 but compatible with 4.1 4.2 all support packages and patches
- Active Directory 2008 2012 potentially newer versions
, KBA , bi ad sso , BI-BIP-AUT , Authentication, ActiveDirectory, LDAP, SSO, Vintela , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.