When you assign a Material as an Expense Item to a Purchase Order, system throws below error message:
Account determination group is missing for product category XYZ(where XYZ represents the product category ID)
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Purchase Requests and Order work center.
- Select Purchase order view.
- Select New Purchase Order.
- Select Add Row button under Items section, and select item type as Expense.
- Select a Product, system throws above error message
you have not maintained the account determination group for product category XYZ of the Product.
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Select Implementation Projects view.
- Select Open Activity List button.
- Select Fine Tune chevron
- Search for the activity Default Account Determination Group for Product Categories and select Open button.
- Select add row button and add the required product category Id and its respective account determination group.
- Select save and close button.
KBA , AP-POP , Purchase Order Processing , Product Enhancement