- When trying to compile or preview the dashboard file one of the following errors displayed:
"Microsoft Visual C++ runtime Library: Runtime error!"
"An error occurred when loading the file. The SWF was not created. For
more information contact the file creator or your system administrator."
- Xcelsius 2008
- Dashboards 4.x
Reproducing the Issue
- Try to bind more than 512 rows of data to components in the Designer
- Preview the dashboard
- Xcelsius crashes with one of the error message mentioned in symptom
- Maximum no. of rows recommended to use is 512
- Xcelsius is a visualization tool for creative interactive visual models and is based on highly aggregated data sets.
- Large no. of components, data range and formula causes the dashboard to crash at the run time.
- Following are the best practices to design a dashboard:
1. Try to avoid placing more data or logic in spreadsheet, SWF will take a longer time to open
2. If more nested functions are placed in spreadsheet the longer SWF can take to recalculate the value when the data changes.
3. Avoid placing large no. of components on the canvas
Data range, Microsoft Visual C++ runtime Library Runtime error, data limit, dashboard, dd, xcelsius , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem
SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.0 ; SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.1 ; SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.2 ; SAP BusinessObjects Xcelsius Enterprise 2008