You try to directly post a new incoming check to a G/L account, but the desired account is not available for selection.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Payment Management work center, and select New Incoming Check under Common Tasks.
- Enter the necessary information.
- In the Incoming Payment with field, choose Direct Posting to G/L Account.
- In the Account Assignment table, choose Add Row.
- In the drop-down list o G/L Account, try to select the G/L account XYZ.
But the G/L account XYZ is not shown in the drop-down list.
The drop-down list of the G/L Account field is consisted with a list of account determination groups, in order to have an account determination group shown in the list, you have to set it as Used in Non-Cash Form of Payment in the fine-tune activity of Chart of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structure, Account Determination.
Because G/L account XYZ is assigned to account determination group ABC, which is not Used in Non-Cash Form of Payment, so the new incoming check cannot be posted to G/L account XYZ.
In order to set the account determination group ABC as Used in Non-Cash Form of Payment, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center, and choose the Overview view if your system has gone live.
- Select the fine-tune activity of Chart of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structure, Account Determination.
- Choose Edit Account Determination Groups.
- Select the Group Types by Ledgers of the account determination group ABC.
- Find the group ABC, and tick the option of Used in Non-Cash Form of Payment.
- Choose Save and Close.
You should be able to select the account determination group ABC when having a direct post of a new incoming check.
KBA , direct posting , g/l account alias , direct posting to g/l account , incoming check , #### , ##### , ######### , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To