- Error “Some tables could not be replaced, as no match was found in the new data source. Please specify the table required for any unmodified tables.” when setting location with Progress OpenEdge ODBC Driver
- Report fails with an Error "Failed to retrieve data from the database. Details: HY000:[DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver][OPENEDGE] Catalog name ... is unknown catalog (13693) [Database Vendor Code: -210071 ]
- List of Values are not populated for reports created in Crystal Reports XI R2
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- Progress OpenEdge ODBC Driver
Reproducing the Issue
- Open a Crystal Report created in Crystal Reports XI using the Progress OpenEdge ODBC Driver in later versions of Crystal Reports
- Set location to a new ODBC Data Source
- Get error "some tables could not be replaced, as no match was found in the new data source. Please specify the table required for any unmodified tables.”
Crystal Reports XI only creates aliases for tables with special characters or duplicate names.
Later versions of Crystal Reports introduced a change which requires aliases for all tables.
Aliases are not created when doing a Set Location on the whole data source.
If a Customer has hundreds of reports they cannot set location of each table and fix the aliases.
***WARNING***: The following resolution involves editing the registry. Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the Registry Editor at your own risk. Refer to KBA 1323322 for more information.
- Upgrade to Crystal Reports 2011 Support Pack 02 or higher
- Find the name of your ODBC Driver DLL from ODBC Data Source Administrator | Drivers tab > File column
- Under registry key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\Database\ODBC] create string UseTableNameAsAlias and set it to the name of your ODBC Driver DLL such as PGPRO1019.DLL, PGOE1022.DLL. A registry file is attached as an example.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: On a 64-Bit machine the registry key is [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\Database\ODBC]
- Set Location
- Progress ODBC
- Crystal Reports 2008 2011
- Coins software