You would like to choose a specific hierarchy Initial expansion Level and display it as default every time the report is opened.
SAP Business by Design
You should be able to choose the desired hierarchy and display it as default view as following:
1. Go to the view, click More and open the Characteristic Settings.
2. Select how you would like to display the hierarchy (i.e. Description or ID).
3. Choose an option from the Initial expansion Level column. i.e. Expand to 03 hierarchy node and click ok.
4. You will then see that the report hierarchy has been adjusted to the level you have chosen.
5. If you are happy with the display then save the view by selecting View button and Save.
6. Set the saved view as default by selecting the Set as Default button.
7. Close and re-open the report and you should be able to see the report opening with the desired layout.
report hierarchy; report; characteristic settings , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To