- Auditing Page in CMC fails with HTTP 500 error on an AIX install
- Multi-language BI40 install
- The HTTP 500 error is accompained by a Java NullPointer Error stack, excerpts of which are similar to below entry :
- root cause
- Possibly related (to this issue) errors are with LCM not working on the same environment and some error lines on ccm.sh even though the script itself works fine
- Everything else works fine.
- The issue occured from the beginning and persisted even with patches like Patch 5 and Patch 6.
- While CMC logs does not show any Audit related errors, CMS logs have several interesting ASSERT entries related to Auditing. Below are a few Asserts from the CMC logs.
- AuditingDatabaseConnectionValidationFunction: Could not parse the auditDatabaseConnect string
- Errors like "The object CUID AdeXQ0NHcEVGuj2o0pgOhKI (AuditEventDefinitions2) in file BusinessObjects_AuditEventInfo2_dfo.xml is not digitally signed correctly. It will not be loaded until the signature is corrected. This will prevent auditing from working correctly."
- Property inserts allowed only if marked as payload or versioned. Path property SI_ML_NAME not found on destination.
- Adding new fragment (BusinessObjects_InformationDesigner_pin_frag.is.xml) to object (AZ2l9SZixWFKiBLuTZLvTUY) failed.
- The audit event info 2 object should be part of the database
- AuditEventInfo2 object is missing from the repository).
- and some warnings like "Disabling auto reconnect causes the CMS to stop if all connections to the system database are lost and no new connections can be established. This is useful after a system database outage if your want to perform a system database integrity check. If all connections to the auditing database are also lost, then auditing database reconnection will not be reattempted. By enabling auto reconnect, the CMS will not stop attempting to establish reconnections; the CMS enters the Waiting For Resources state and attempts periodically to reconnect to the system database. If all connections to the auditing database are lost, reconnection to the auditing database will also be periodically attempted."
- Even undeploying & redeploying BOE webapp on appserver (eg tomcat) even after cleaning up the work or cache folder doesnt fix the issue
- While some of the files below (from CMS log asserts) are found to be missing from the dfo, Replacing them from another location or a working server doesnt resolve the issue.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1 /4.2
- IBM AIX 6.1 / 7.1
BI40 Auditing HTTP 500 AIX AuditEventInfo2 dfo xml locale PT_BR.UTF-8 LCM , KBA , BI-BIP-DEP , Webapp Deployment, Networking, Vulnerabilities, Webservices , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.