When you try to activate an Org Structure, system throws below error message:
DD1.MM1.YYYY1 to DD2.MM2.YYYY2; Segment XXX (Org Unit Name) must not be Below Segment YYY (Org Unit Name)
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Organizational Management work center.
- Select Edit Org Structures.
- Select Check button and choose Check All .
System throws above error message.
There are 2 possibilities which will cause this issue.
Cause 1: If you have maintained XXX and YYY both as segments during DD1.MM1.YYYY1 to DD2.MM2.YYYY2.
Cause 2: If you have maintained YYY as Profit centers above the Segment XXX.
It is allowed to have only one segment in a particular Org Structure for a particular Time period. So it is not possible to have 2 segments in one Org Structure.
If you want to uncheck any one org unit as a segment, then follows the below steps:
1. Go to Organizational Management work center.
2. Select Edit Org Structures.
3. Input effective date and select Go button.
4. Highlight the org unit and go to Definitions tab.
5. Uncheck Segment.
A segment should always be above the profit centers or you can flag a segment as profit center and the segment definition should be set at company or business residence level.
Because segment collects the balances of all lower-level profit centers and offers additional financial reports to those provided at profit center level.
KBA , SRD-MD-OM , Organizational Management , Product Enhancement