- In a Linux or Unix SAP BI environment...
- Report Application Servers (RAS) are in Failed status, cannot be started successfully
- This server is considered failed because it has stopped 5 time(s) in 60 minute(s).
- Other server types are starting successfully
- Core dumps may be generated when attempting to start Report Application Servers
- Newly-created Report Application Servers exhibit the same behavior
- Crystal Reports Processing Servers may be equally impacted
- With tracing enabled, RAS log files contain messages like:
- Failed to create CrystalReports.AgentOptions. Please make sure DTSAgent.dll is installed. Also, make sure that DTSAgent.dll is registered as an in-process COM server by running the following on the command line: 'regsvr32.exe DTSAgent.dll
- Received eRpuDllLoadFailure or eRpuInitializationFailure from child. (RCIRAS0624)
- ras21-core: ChildProcessCreatorThread caught exception: <RASServerException ( errCode=<ErrorFailure> message=<An error occurred while creating a subprocess in the processing server.> rootCause=<RCIRAS0603> debugString=<[ProcWorkerManager.cpp : 6213] > message=<Internal error. Please contact your system administrator.> rootCause=<RCIRAS0603>
- With tracing enabled, RAS child process log files may show the following:
- ras21-core: caught IPSSException: <RASServerException ( errCode=<ErrorTryAgain> message=<Internal error. Please contact your system administrator.> rootCause=<RASPROCREPORT0135> debugString=<procreport DLL was not initialized successfull
ras21-core: did not initialize sucessfully, so stopping immediately
- SIA trace logs include the following:
- Server Intelligence Agent: server <NODE>.CrystalReports2013ReportApplicationServer stopped with exit code = 255
- Server Intelligence Agent: server <NODE>.CrystalReports2013ReportApplicationServer stopped unexpectedly
- /var/log/messages file may include the following:
- A subprocess in the processing serer was forced to terminate. (RCIRAS0622)
- The function PEOpenEngineEx failed. Reason: Crystal Reports: Print Engine Error.
- Coredump shows below information:
- #0 0x00002aabfe5a7f97 in raise () from /lib64/libc.so.6
#1 0x00002aabfe5a936a in abort () from /lib64/libc.so.6
#2 0x000000000050297d in sig_abnormal_system_handler(int) ()
#3 <signal handler called>
#4 0x000000000050df69 in CDTSApp::TermCORBAServer() ()
#5 0x0000000000516d66 in CDTSApp::ExitInstance() ()
#6 0x0000000000578ca2 in AfxWinMain(HINSTANCE__*, HINSTANCE__*, wchar_t*, int) ()
#7 0x00000000005b6bf0 in WinMain ()
#8 0x00000000004f04db in main ()
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x
- Unix / Linux
bi 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 bi4.0 bi4.1 bi4.2 bi4.3 CR 2016 redhat red hat suse sun microsystems oracle solaris ibm aix hp-ux hpux hp ux hewlett-packard hewlett packard mw cleanup mainwin mainsoft main win soft fails failure can't don't won't start starting stopped hang hangs hanging initializing , KBA , biserver , emkba , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security, Crystal Reports in Launchpad , BI-BIP-DEP , Webapp Deployment, Networking, Vulnerabilities, Webservices , BI-BIP-CRS , SAP Crystal Server , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.