- Installing the Crystal Reports runtime MSI for VS .NET may result in error messages
- Typical error message would be:
"Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\..\dtsagent.dllfailed to register ..."
- Is there a way to enable Windows Installer Logging to get more information about the install process?
- ***WARNING***: The following resolution involves editing the registry. Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the Registry Editor at your own risk. Refer to Note 1323322 for more information.
- Create the following key:
- When done, set "Logging" to "" to disable logging
- Or, download the attached zip file which contains:
MsiLoggingPolicy_on.reg - enables logging
MsiLoggingPolicy_off.reg - disables logging
- Run MsiLoggingPolicy_on.reg to start logging
- Run MsiLoggingPolicy_off.reg to stop logging
- The install log file will be named msi*.log and will be located in the %temp% folder
log install runtime deploy , KBA , BI-DEV-NET-SDK , .NET SDK / COM SDK , How To