- Barcode show strange characters.
- Unable to generate Code 128 barcode.
- When viewing a report in Crystal Reports, the barcode 128 displays incorrect characters.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report based on any data source.
- Create a formula to generate a Code 128 barcode.
- Insert the formula on the report, and set the font to: code128
- When viewing and printing the report, it successfully display the barcode 128
- Share the report with another person, and when they view the report in Crystal Reports, or in SAP BI LaunchPad, it shows strange characters instead of the expected barcode 128.
Azalea barcode font: code128.ttf is missing on the computer where Crystal Reports is installed, therefore the font is substituted with the closest one, and this is why it is showing strange characters.
- On the computer where Crystal Reports is installed, install the Azalea Software: C128Tools, which install the font: code128.ttf
- Important Note: If you do not have the font: Code 128, you need to purchase it from Azalea Software
Barcode font format, code128 barcode format, CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem