- You are using Application Integrator iViews to connect to ABAP-based web applications (BSPs, WebDynpros, IACS)
- You have entered the Message Server host and HTTP/HTTPS port in the 'Web AS Host Name' or 'ITS Host Name' properties of the relevant system object
The problems which could then occur include:
- Sessions not being closed on the backend and locking of records
- Session timeout or session not existing error messages
Another set of possible issues with this configuration stem from the way in which the Message Server may (depending on its version and configuration) redirect requests to specific application servers. Specifically, the Message Server redirects the requests using a HTTP 301 ('Moved Permanently') response, and as result the browser issues a GET request to the target URL. If the original request to the Message Server was a POST request, all POST parameters are consequently lost from the GET request. In this case, if you take a http trace of the scenario, you will see a POST request to the Message Server, which receives a 301 response, and a subsequent GET request to the application server host/port. As this issue results in the loss of all the application parameters which should be used to initialize the application, the impact on the end user experience can be severe and wide-ranging, such as the following behaviours:
- Transaction iViews launch on the easy access menu (or whatever the system logon transaction is) instead of the transaction specified in the iView properties
- ABAP Web Dynpro applications produce a dump due to missing parameters
- BW Report iViews load 'empty' (see SAP Note 972514 'Empty BEx Web Analyzer instead of BEx Broadcaster')
- The application is rendered without the portal theme
- Enterprise Portal (EP)
- Browser Independent
loadbalance, appintegrator, system landscape, redirection, missing, transfer , KBA , EP-PIN-PSL , Portal System Landscape , EP-PIN-AI , Application Integration , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.