- Images are not getting displayed in the pdf when the Crystal report is exported to pdf using a Crystal Reports .NET application.
- The pdf file appears blank where the images should be displayed.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- Windows Server 2003 32 bit
- Visual Studio 2008
- Crystal Reports 2008 Service Pack 3
- A custom Crystal Reports .Net web application deployed on the IIS.
- The images are included in the Crystal report as the 'OLE object'.
- The location of the image is specified in the 'Graphic Location' formula for the OLE object.
- The 'Process Monitor' log log shows that the access was denied when the IIS worker process tried to access the image file.
- application does not have the permissions to access the images from the hard drive location of the images.
- Allow the IIS worker process to access the image location.
- Assign the permissions to the 'IIS worker process Group' and 'Network Service' account for the hard drive location of the images.
- Minimum permission which is required is 'Read' and maximum 'Full Control' can be assigned.
To assign the permissions -
- Right click on the hard drive on which the images are located and go to 'Properties'.
- Go to 'Security' tab.
- Click the 'Add' button to add a Group or a User, a small window 'Select Users Computers and Groups' window will appear.
- Click on the 'Locations' button and select the machine name from the 'Location' list, Click 'OK'.
- Click the 'Advanced' button and then 'Find Now' to find the available accounts.
- From the list select 'IIS_WPG' and 'Network Service' accounts and click 'OK'.
- The group names will be listed in the 'Select the object names' pannel, Click 'OK'.
- Now select the 'IIS_WPG' and 'Network Service' accounts one by one from the 'Groups and Users' pannel and check the 'Full Control --> Allow' checkbox.
Please refer the Microsoft Kbase 'How To Share Files and Folders over the Network in a Windows Server 2003 Domain Environment' at below link.
blank pdf, cr.net, IIS 6 , KBA , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , Problem