- Report ends with message "A required resource was unavailable" when opening a Report in Crystal Reports
- Report will return data, but the Preview Panel flashes.
- And eventually gliding the mouse around the toolbars will turn black
- The issue does not occur on other workstations or when other people are logged into the same workstation.
- Crystal Reports 2008
Reproducing the Issue
1. Open Crystal Reports
2. Open the report
3. Populate the report parameters & refresh data
4. Report will return data, but the Preview Panel flashes and
eventually gliding the mouse around the toolbars willturn black. The
Crystal Reports Viewer was still running at 50% CPU even though the
report is done.
- Profile file of crystal report was corrupted
- Login as the problematic user in to any other system and see whether it works or not.
- If it does not work please don’t perform the following step.
- If it works, then log in to the Problematic System as an administrator and delete the profile by taking the back up of that user.
- Again login to the same problematic system as the user and try to open the crystal report.
- Then it works fine when you open the report.
A required resource was unavailable, Report flashing and turns black, Resource unavailable. , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To