- The User Management Engine (UME) of the SAP Netweaver AS Java is configured to use one or more LDAP directories as its datasource(s).
- The LDAP directory password of one or more users has expired or one or more users have been newly created in the LDAP directory and LDAP directory security policy deems that such users must change their passwords from their initial values at the time of first successful authentication
- When a user whose LDAP directory password is in one of the aforementioned states tries to login to an application that uses UME authentication e.g Netweaver Administrator, Enterprise Portal, User Management, a message 'User Authentication failed' is displayed and no password change form is presented to the user.
- SAP NetWeaver 7.0
- SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0
- SAP enhancement package 2 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0
- SAP enhancement package 3 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0
- SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1
- SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1
- SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.2
AuthenticationException, LDAP: error code 49, AcceptSecurityContext, LdapCtx.mapErrorCode, com.sun.jndi.LdapCtx , KBA , BC-JAS-SEC-LGN , Logon, SSO , BC-JAS-SEC-UME , User Management Engine , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.