- How to perform a database trace in Crystal Reports?
- How to trace what's happening when refreshing a report in Crystal Reports?
- How to use crlogger to generate a log when using Crystal Reports?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
- Sap Crystal Reports, developer for Visual Studio (all versions)
To perform a database trace in Crystal Reports using crlogger:
- Add the following User Environment Variables to your local system:
- LOGGING_DIR = C:\logging
- LOGGING_ENABLED_ASSERT = 1
- LOGGING_ENABLED_RUNTIME = 100
NOTE: To enable application tracing you will need to add the above variables to the System Environment, but it may require a re-boot to take affect.
Once the trace is no longer required, disable the trace, otherwise it can impact the report performance due to the overhead of tracing each actions.
To disable generating a trace with crlogger close Crystal Report or your .NET application, perform one of the following:
- Remove the environment variables created in step 2; or
- To temporarily disable logging using crlogger, rename the crlogger.dll to crlogger.org or change
- LOGGING_ENABLED_ASSERT = 0
- LOGGING_ENABLED_RUNTIME = 0
- Note: renaming the dll will work until a patch is installed which will re-add the crlogger.dll and start logging again.
- Below is a video demonstrating how to setup crlogger to perform a trace in Crystal Reports.
Media not computed.
CR for VS, database logging, crlogger trace tracing , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020