Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- After login in the Central Managament Console (CMC) or BI Launchpad, the following error is displayed:
An error has occurred: java.lang.NullPointerException
- The error shown on Internet Explorer looks like below (left). A pop-up will also be displayed (right)
- Using an HTTP debugger, the following stack can be found in the AppService.jsp (full response available in the attachments)
- It is possible to log into the http://<SERVERNAME>:<PORT>/AdminTools application and client tools. Only the CMC and BI launchpad are not accessible.
- Running the following query in Query Builder (/AdminTools) returns no results
SELECT * from ci_appobjects where si_kind = 'ClientAction'
- An error was produced: while trying to invoke the method com.crystaldecisions.celib.properties.Property.getPropertyBag() of an
object loaded from local variable 'usagesProperty'
- Followed by a pop up window "Message from webpage" with the same error.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform BI 4.x
- Information Platform Services 4.x (IPS 4.x)
- Windows (All versions)
java.lang.NullPointerException NullPointerException BI 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.x null pointer exception eception nul , KBA , BI-BIP-DEP , Webapp Deployment, Networking, Vulnerabilities, Webservices , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.