- Error: '/CRYSTAL/MDX_GET_STREAM_DATA'
- After updating an SAP BW System, it generates the following error in SPAU.
- SPAU shows the following error:
'Return code 8 Function Module /CRYSTAL/MDX_GET_STREAM_DATA The obligatory parameter "TUPLE" had no value assigned to it.
'Function Module /CRYSTAL/MDX_GET_STREAM_DATA. The obligatory parameter "TUPLE" had no value assigned to it.'
'The parameter in calling the method write_fields has changed from: measure_reader->write_fields( tuple_idx )
to: measure_reader->write_fields( use_rsrmdx = use_rsrmdx ) This causes an error since tuple is defined as an obligatory parameter in method write_fields.'
- SAP BW 7.2
- SAP BW 7.3
- SAP BW 7.4
- SAP BW 7.5
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- Apply a product update or upgrade the SAP BW System.
- The requests are transported and contains all spdd and spau modifications.
- When doing this, it is generating the error:
'Return code 8 Function Module /CRYSTAL/MDX_GET_STREAM_DATA The obligatory parameter "TUPLE" had no value assigned to it.'
- SPAU points to the function: /CRYSTAL/MDX_GET_STREAM_DATA, which is used by Crystal Reports to report off SAP BW BEx Queries.
- When applying an update to the SAP BW System, it already contains functions Crystal Reports uses to report off BEx Queries, but it unfortunately the incorrect version of the functions, and this is why it generates the error message in SPAU.
- The function: /CRYSTAL/MDX_GET_STREAM_DATA is part of the SAP Integration Kit Transports that load the functions Crystal Reports uses to report from an SAP BW BEx Query.
And there is 2 different SAP Integration Kit Transport for the SAP BW MDX Query connectivity.
The SAP Integration Kit Transports for the SAP BW Connectivity starting with R21 is only for the following SAP BW Systems:
- SAP BW System 7.01 to 7.02;
- SAP BW System 7.10 to 7.20
That does not have the SAP Note 1232751 implemented. This SAP Note is to remove the limitation of 1 million cells that SAP BW had.
If the SAP BW system meet the above criterias, then any reporting tool, like Crystal Reports needs the calls to fetch the data that have the one million cell limitation.
But if you have an System BW System that meet the following conditions:
- SAP BW System 7.01 to 7.02 or 7.10 to 7.20 with the SAP Note 1232751 implemented; or
- A higher version of the SAP BW System, like SAP BW 7.3 or above
Then you need to load the following SAP Integration Kit Transports for the SAP BW MDX Query, that starts with: R72, that correspond to the version of SAP Crystal Reports used.
- If you are not reporting off BEx Queries in Crystal Reports, then you may simply ignore this error, since it does not do anything.
But if you are reporting off BEx Queries in Crystal Reports, then load the correct SAP Integration Kit Transports on your SAP BW System for the SAP BW MDX Query Connectivity. The correct SAP BW MDX Query Transport is the one that starts with R72. To do so:
- Download and unzip the product installation or updates of SAP Crystal Reports 2011, 2013 or 2016
The product installation and updates contains the SAP Integration Kit Transports that needs to be loaded on the SAP System
- Navigate to the following path: Collaterals/Add-Ons/SAP/Transport
The file name that contains the version number for the product update you installed is: transports_EN.txt
At the bottom of the file, you will see a note stating:
"If your SAP BW System has applied SAP Note 1232751, you must use the file listed below:
* MDX Query Connectivity transports ( K900072.R72 and R900072.R72 )
The last few digits will be different depending on the exact version of Crystal Reports you are using. You will have to check that file, and then in the subfolder, you will find the proper SAP Integration Kit Transports to load on your SAP BW System.
- Load the SAP Integration Kit Transports for the SAP BW MDX Query that starts with R72 to your SAP BW System to resolve the issue.
1486773 - How to import the transport files for the Integrated SAP Solutions (aka SAP Integration Kit)
1559104 - What Transport files are included in SAP Netweaver 7.02
xi3, xi31, xir3, xir31, bi4, bi40, xi4, xir4, kit, int, tms, MDX_GET_STREAM_DATA, TUPLE, Function Module /CRYSTAL/MDX_GET_STREAM_DATA
The obligatory parameter "TUPLE" had no value assigned to it." , KBA , tuple , BI-BIP-DEP , Webapp Deployment, Networking, Vulnerabilities, Webservices , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem