- Wrong name for the Italian map in Crystal Reports.
- Some of the Italian region's name are not correct on the maps in Crystal Reports.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports designer, create a new report off any data source.
- Insert a map on the report.
- Choose "Category" objects as Geographic field
- Shoose "Category" objects as Map Values > select it and click on "Set Summary Operation"
- Right-click on the empty map and choose "Resolve Mismatch"
- Select the "change map" tab
- From the available map choose "Italy"
- Select the "Resolve Mismatch" tab
- Observe the names of the regions are incorrect.
- The names defined inside the map are coming from a third party mapping application, and are unfortnately incorrect.
- The issue has been resolved by the third party application, and the update has been implemented in the following product updates and above:
- Crystal Reports 2008
- Service Pack 6
- Workaround: If the region's name needs to be used for comparison or calculation, create a variable in which the wrong name will be converted into the right one and then use the variable for the desired purpose.
- Below is the list of the Italian regions with incorrect name:
|WRONG NAME||RIGHT NAME|
|Friuli-venezia Giulia||Friuli-Venezia Giulia|
|Trentino-alto Adige||Trentino-Alto Adige|
|Valle D'aosta||Valle d'Aosta|
KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , BI-BIP-CRS , SAP Crystal Server , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1