- After an upgrade to VS2010 going to a frameset page with the CRVS2010 viewer makes all of the pages in the original menu open in a new window
- The issue documented in this KBase does not occur when using CR 2008 and VS .NET 2008
Reproducing the Issue
1. Create a simple frames page that has a left frame and a right frame.
<FRAME SRC="right.aspx" NAME=TITLE SCROLLING=NO MARGINHEIGHT=1>
<FRAME SRC="left.aspx" NAME="SIDEBAR">
<FRAME SRC="welcome.aspx" NAME="main">
2. In the left (Sidebar) frame, place a page that has a few hyperlinks that open in the Main (Right) frame
3. Set one of the hyperlinks to open a Crystal report in the .NET Webform viewer
4. Run the application and click on one of the hyperlinks (ie Microsoft.com) and see that it opens in the main frame
5. Click on the hyperlink that opens and views a Crystal report and see that it opens in the main frame
6. Click on the first hyperlink (or any other one) again and it will open in a new window rather than the main frame
- The Crystal Reports viewer file (allinone.js) appears to dynamically change the name of the original frame (e.g.; myFrame) to 'filter'
- The issue has been escalated for a resolution; ADAPT01554950
- Possible work-arounds:
- Rename the 'myFrame' to 'filter' and change all 'TARGET' tags from 'myFrame' to 'filter'
- Change the frame name back after the Crystal Reports engine changed it
- Change the "TARGET' tags dynamically
CR2010 2010 CR4VS2010 CR4VS VS2010 NET2010 crystal reports for visual studio 2010 crforvs 13 frame , KBA , BI-DEV-NET-SDK , .NET SDK / COM SDK , Problem