- Only the first value selected value in a multiple values parameter return data on the report.
- When reporting off an Infoset in Crystal Reports, the selection does not return all values when a multiple distinct values are chosen for the parameter.
- Note: Images and data in this SAP Knowledge Base Article is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Crystal Report off of an ECC Infoset with a selection.
- Ensure the Crystal Report parameter for the Infoset selection is a multiple value parameter.
- Run report and select multiple values for the parameter.
- Notice that only data for the first values entered in the multiple values parameter displays on the report.
- Values entered in the parameter does not match the format of the selection and the underlying Field in the Infoset.
For example: The value expected in the Selection is 000000000000000023 while the value 23 is entered into the parameter.
- The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01459397.
- This issue has been addressed in the following product updates:
- For Crystal Reports 2008 and the SAP Integration Kit for XI 3.1
- Fix Pack 3.
- Fix Pack 4.3
- Fix Pack 5.2
- Service Pack 6
- For Crystal Reports 2011:
- Support Pack 05
- Note: Ensure that after applying the product update, that you load on the SAP System, the SAP Integration Kit Transports found in the product update. This is very important, as the code correction is in the functions loaded by the SAP Integration Kit Transports to the SAP System.
- If you cannot apply the product update for some time, then below is a potential workaround:
- Important Note: The following workaround only works in some situation.
- Check the Technical Description of the Field in the InfoSet and enter the parameter values in that format
For example if the Technical Description of the Field in the InfoSet is
- Type: C
- Output length: 018
- Then the expected format will be 000000000000000023 rather than 23 for the parameter
So instead of entering 23, 43, 59 enter:
- To check the Technical Description of the Field in the InfoSet:
- Start Transaction SQ02 to Manage InfoSets
- Select the InfoSet and click on the button “Display”
- In the Field Group/data fields pane double-click the Field in question to select it
- Click the Additional field information button (Highlighted in red below)
ECC Infoset, Parameter , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011