Product descriptions are inconsistent between different work centers. For example, between Purchase Requests and Orders and Product Data work centers.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to the Purchase Requests view.
- Mark a purchase request and choose Edit.
- Notice the product description.
- Press the Product ID to open the product record.
- You notice that the product description there is different than the one in the purchase request.
The product description is defaulted at the point where the product is entered into the document. In a purchase request, at the point where it is created. When the description is changed in the product master, this change does not update the existing documents.
This is the standard system behavior. Create a new product master record in case the specifications of the product have changed.
KBA , SRD-MD-PRD-PRD , Product , How To