- Database Field length equal zero.
- Field Explorer in Crystal Reports shows the size of the objects as: "String".
- When reporting off SAP ECC, or ERP, from Crystal Reports, the fields returns no data.
- In Crystal Reports, when connecting to SAP Tables, the database fields string length is equal to zero.
- When inserting the database fields on the report, it returns no data.
- Note: Images and data in this SAP Knowledge Base Article is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off an SAP System using the connection: "SAP Table, Cluster or Function".
- Select a table from the "Data Dictionary" folder.
- In the "Field Explorer", the data type definition of the CHAR database fields is "String".
- If you insert the database fields on the report, it returns no data.
- The SAP Integration Kit Transports imported into the SAP System does not match the version of Crystal Reports, or the SAP Integration Kit version installed.
- Crystal Reports cannot communicate successfully with the SAP System, since the functions loaded on the SAP System doesn't match the version of Crystal Reports used.
- To resolve the issue, import the SAP Integration Kit Transports to the SAP Netweaver system that equal to the version of Crystal Reports, and the SAP Integration Kit version installed.
- For information on how to verify the version of the SAP Integration Kit Transports to use, see the following SAP Knowledge Base Articles:
KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , BI-BIP-IK , Integration; Integration kits for SAP, Baan, PeopleSoft, Sie , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020