According to the Enterprise Help info and Business Objects XI 3.1Admin guide, if Legacy Mode is selected then Report and page sections and Group sections can’t be selected however it is not the case when we replicate the same
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008 V1
- SAP Business Objects XI 3.1 SP3
Reproducing the Issue
- Choose the Crystal report from CMC/Infoview, right click on it and select schedule
- From scheduling options choose 'Format' then here from 'Format options' drop down list, select 'Seperated Values(CSV)'
- Un-check the option 'Use the export options defined in the report' and now you can be able to see some settings over here
- Select required 'Delimiter' and 'seperator'
- Choose Mode as Legacy
Now as per BOXI3.1 Admin guide, In legacy mode you cannot set those report,Page and Group sections.
Even though we can be able to choose those settings for both modes, no changes or differences can be observed in output by checking or un-checking the isolate option for report,page and group sections while using Legacy mode. It means that those changes in settings don't apply when it is in Legacy mode which exactly stated in Adminstrator Guide. We can find the output differences when we choose Standard mode.
Usually the standard output result is using utf-8 to encode the strings. Where as the legacy CSV exporting uses the CP_ACP (ANSI) as its codepage.
So depending on the requirement, we can choose either of the options to export in to CSV format.
Business objects XI3.1 Admin guide "Setting general scheduling options" section
Standard,Legacy mode,report and page sections options , KBA , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security, Crystal Reports in Launchpad , Problem