- How to limit the number of records?
- When viewing a report, how to return a sample of data, instead of all the data?
- When developing a report in Crystal Reports, how to return a sample set of the records without having to modify the report record selection formula?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- To preview a sample set of records for your report in Crystal Reports, use the option: Preview Sample
- Open your report in Crystal Reports,
- Under the menu View, select: Preview Sample...
- In the Preview Sample window, select First for the option Preview this report with, and type the number of records to use for the sample.
- Click the button OK to preview the report.
The report will run as usual, but it will only use the number of record selected to generate the preview. This is very practical when developing reports.
Crystal Reports, limit number of records, CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To