You, as a peronnel administrator, want to set bank account in employee's personnel file. You may find that there are no banks available for selection even though you maintain the bank master data in the Cash and Liquidity Management work center.
This issue occurs only for US customers.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Personnel Administration work center,
- Select the Employees view.
- Select the respective employee and choose the Edit button.
- Select the Personal Data tab.
- Navigate to the Payment Information tab.
- From the Payment Method dropdown list, choose Bank Transfer or Check.
- Select the Add Row button.
- In the Bank field, open the selection dialog box.
You can see that some of the banks are missing in the list though you are sure that the bank master data have been maintained in the Cash and Liquidity Management work center.
For US banks, in order to have them shown in the Bank value help, it is now required that their National Bank code Type should be maintained as US Federal Reserve Identifier ("ABA number") in the Bank Directory. The reason is that SAP Business ByDesign is integrated with US payroll service providers, which require that the ABA number rather than any other bank code type as part of an employee's payment information in order to pay out salaries or wages via bank transfer.
So the value help will not display US banks which do not have a National Bank Code with ABA number entered.
You need to add a National Bank Code with type as US Federal Reserve Identifier to the Bank Directory entry of a bank. Then this bank will be displayed in the bank value help.
- Go to the Cash and Liquidity Management work center.
- Select the Master Data view.
- Select the Bank Directory view, and choose the bank in question.
- Choose the Edit button.
- Navigate to the General tab.
- Under the National Bank Codes table, choose the Add Row.
- Add another line item and set the National Bank Code Type to US Federal Reserve Identification Code.
- Choose the Save and Close button.
KBA , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , Product Enhancement