- You reassign G/L Account XXX from Functional Area XYZ to Functional Area ABC. (XXX represents the G/L Account ID, XYZ represents one Functional Area, ABC represents a different Functional Area).
- After the change you check a Financial Report, for example the Profit Detail by Contribution Margin Scheme report.
- You expect that all transactions on Account XXX now appear as assigned to Functional Area ABC. However, in the report transactions to this account appear in association with Functional Area ABC but also the previous Functional Area XYZ.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Business Configuration work center access the Fine Tune task Settings for Income Statements by Function of Expense and Earned Profit Analysis, either from the Overview (if your system is already live or from an Implementation project)
- Press Edit functional are determination.
- Find Account XXX and verify that the Functional Area ABC is now assigned to the account.
- Open a Financial Statements report, such as the Profit Detail by Contribution Margin Scheme (Earned Profit) report and choose suitable entries for the variable screen.
- Add the Functional Area and G/L Account characteristics to the rows.
- Filter for G/L Account XXX.
- You notice transactions on this account associated with Functional Area ABC but also XYZ.
Changes of Functional Area assignments are only reflected for transactions created after the Functional Area reassignments. All transactions posted before the reassignment are still displayed with the previous assignment.
This is expected system behavior.
functional area change G/L Accounts, financial report functional area reassignment , KBA , functional area change financial report , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To