How to pass authentication type for QaaWS in Xcelsius.
- Business Objects Enterprise (BOE) XI 3.1
- Xcelsius 2008
Following are the steps to dynamically pass authentication type in Xcelsius:
1. Login to QaaWS designer in order to create a query.
2. Click on New and specify a Web Service Name.
3. Click on Advanced Parameters and select Authentication Mode as ‘Consumer Defined’.
4. Click on OK and publish the query.
5. Copy the wsdl generated to clipboard and launch Xcelsius.
6. Go to data -> Connections and Add the Query as a Web Service connection.
7. Paste the wsdl in front of WSDL URL under Definition tab and click on Import.
8. Input values and Output Values windows will be populated which contains the input required by the query and output generated respectively.
9. In the Input Values window a new option will be included apart from user id and password i.e authentication type.
10. Specify the user id and password along with authentication type for eg secEnterprise for Enterprise, secLDAP for LDAP, secWinAD for windows AD authentication type.
KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , How To