When insert data to Audit DB, the "String Data, Length Mismatch" error occurs frequently in application log of Windows Event Viewer.
- BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard x64 Edition Service Pack 2
- SQL 2008 workgroup Japanese version
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to CMC.
- Enable Audit event of CentralManagementServer and WebIntelligenceProcessingServer.
- Login to InfoView.
- Use any universe(eg: eFashion) to create a Web Intelligence document.
- Save the Web Intelligence document.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Check application log of Windows Event viewer.
- The following error occurs frequently.
The description for Event ID ( 63127 ) in Source ( BusinessObjects_CMS ) could not be found. It
contains the following insertion string(s): .
[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]"String Data, Length Mismatch".
* This issue only occurs in 64bit OS, and Japanese specific.
The issue has been identified and tracked under ID ADAPT01509599.
The issue has been fixed in BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 FP3.5.
BOE XI 3.1, audit, insert, app log, event log, SQL workgroup, Japanese version , KBA , BI-BIP-SL , Semantic Layer , Bug Filed