- Missing database fields.
- Database fields is missing in the Fields Explorer of Crystal Reports.
- When reporting off SAP Table in Crystal Reports, using the driver: SAP Table, Cluster, or Function, it is missing the database fields that have been defined in SAP with the data type: STRING
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report using the connection: SAP Table, Cluster, or function
- Connect to your SAP System
- Select an SAP Table that contains at least one database fields defined with the data type: STRING
- In the "Field Explorer" window, under "Database Fields", notice the database fields defined with the data type: STRING is missing
- Also, note that all other database fields defined with other data type are listed.
- Crystal Reports driver to connect to SAP System does not support the SAP data type: STRING
- This is why it does not display the fields that have this data type in Crystal Reports.
- If possible, to workaround this limitation, change the data type of the object in the SAP system from: STRING to the data type: CHAR
KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016