You, as a HR administrator, want to move an employee from an org unit to another one. You cannot find this feature in the Organizational Management work center.
The organizational assignment of an internal employee can be done only during the hiring process and it is not possible to assign an internal employee to an org unit in the Organizational Management work center.
- Go to the Personnel Administration work center.
- Select the Regular Tasks view.
- Select the Transfer Employee link under the Employment Changes. A new window opens up.
- Enter the employee ID, Organizational unit and Job.
- Select Save and Close button.
Now in the Organizational Management work center, you can find that this employee's assigment to the old org unit will be ended on the date of transfer.
- Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Select the respective org unit.
- Go to the Timelines tab.
- In the Vaild to field, you can find that the date equal to the transfer date.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To