While trying to insert a Web Intelligence, Crystal or Universe query in LiveOffice through Excel inside Xcelsius we get the following error:
'Live Office has encountered a problem and cannot complete the requested action. This operation is only supported on Windows 2000 SP3 or later operating systems'.
- BusinessObjects Enterprise 3.1 SP3
- LiveOffice 3.1 SP3
- Xcelsius 2008 (all versions)
- Microsoft Office 2007
- Operating system: Microsoft XP
Reproducing the Issue
- Right-click over the Xcelsius 2008 icon and go to its properties.
- Now go to the Compatibility tab and check the 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:' option.
- Select either Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5) or Windows 2000.
- Open Xcelsius 2008 with LiveOffice compatibility enabled.
- Now try inserting a Webi, Crystal or a Universe query from the LiveOffice tab found in the embedded Excel sheet.
- It will immediately give you the following error:
- 'Live Office has encountered a problem and cannot complete the requested action. This operation is only supported on Windows 2000 SP3 or later operating systems'.
Note: Xcelsius will not start if the compatibility mode is set to Windows 95 or Windows 98/Windows ME.
Since LiveOffice was set to work with XP onwards, the older versions are not compatible.
We will have to disable the compatibility mode or keep it only for the supported ones.
Following are the steps to disable the compatibility mode:
- Right-click over the Xcelsius icon and go to its properties.
- Click over the Compatibility mode tab and uncheck the 'Run this program in compatibility mode for' option.
- Click Ok and reopen Xcelsius.
- Xcelsius should work fine now.
LiveOffice error, Compatibility. , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem