- When saving the model, assigned series are removed without the user action
- Windows All
- Xcelsius 2008 SP3 and above
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a dashboard add a bubble chart
- Create 30 series
- Fill the bubble chart series by assigning to Excel cells and check the memory consumption in task manager
- As you fill the bubble chart, memory rises. When memory reach around 160k or above the problem start appearing.
- If you go back through the series you will see that some cells are no longer mapped in the series that has been completely filled.
- This is a product defect due to memory leak. Reference: ADAPT01512968
- The fix is planned for Xcelsius 2008 SP5
- Workarounds :
~ Save and close down Xcelsius in order to release the memory
~ Split the series in the Bubble chart into smaller chunks (See attached)
graph lost xcelsius , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Bug Filed