- Unable to open a report.
- When attempting to open some reports in Crystal Reports Viewer, it fails to open.
- What kind of reports cannot be viewed in Crystal Reports Viewer?
- SAP Crystal Reports Viewer 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports Viewer 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports Viewer 2020
Reproducing the Issue
Launch Crystal Reports Viewer.
- Open a report.
The report does not open.
- Crystal Reports Viewer, is a free stand alone application, designed to be able to view report with saved data, or refresh report stored on the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform. But it is not possible to open all type of reports.
- Below is a list of reports that cannot be open, or viewed in Crystal Reports Viewer:
- Reports that have no saved data,
unless they are open from the SAP BusinessObjects Repository, and you have the appropriate rights to view the report.
- Reports that use Business Views as a data source.
- Reports that use universes as a data source.
Note: Static instances of reports that use universes will open if these reports are downloaded from BusinessObjects Repository.
- Reports that use Crystal Dictionaries as a data source.
- Reports that use Crystal Queries as a data source.
- Reports that are using formula that depend on User Function Library (UFL)
- Reports that are using "Perform Grouping on Server"
CRV, CR Viewer, UFL , KBA , BI-RA-CRV , SAP Crystal Reports Viewer , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports viewer 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports viewer 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports viewer 2020