- When a Crystal report using GridRowColumnValue is exported to Excel (data only),a 'Notsupported' error message appears.
- A report containing crosstab using GridRowColumnValue unable to export to Excel data only format.
- A Report is exported to regular Excel format successfully and unable to export to Excel data only format.
Crystal Reports 2008 Service Pack 1
Reproducing the Issue
1. Open Crystal Reports 2008.
2. Create a new connection to the Xtreme sample database.
3. Add the Customer table to the report.
4. Create a Crosstab and place this into the Report Footer and use the following fields to the corresponding Crosstab sections.
Columns - Customer.Country
Rows - Customer.CustomerName
Summarized Fields - SumofCustomer.LastYear'sSales
5. In the design view of the report, right-click on the 'SumofLastYear'sSales' field under the column (Customer Name).
6. Click on the Format Field option.
7. Click on the 'Number' tab.
8. Click on the 'Customize' button.
9. Click on the formula button beside the 'Decimals' entry.
10. Type the following formula into the formula editor.
If GridRowColumnValue("Country") = "Argentina" Then 2 Else 4
11. Save and close the formula editor.
12. Preview the report to display to generate data.
13. Click on the Export button and choose the 'MicrosoftExcel(97-2003)Data-only' format.
14. Press OK to export with the default settings.
15. A 'Notsupported' error will occur.
16. Click OK to get through the error and theGridRowColumnValue formula appears with theGridRowColumnValue function highlighted.
The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID: ADAPT01104712.
This issue has been resolved in Crystal Reports 2008 Service pack 2.
Cross tab, GridRowColumnValue, export, Excel data only , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem