When the Mouse-Over text contains < symbol for the Series Name/Axis Labels, Xcelsius truncates the remaining text that’s after the < symbol.
Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack 3
Reproducing the Issue
1. Create a dashboard with a Chart component.
2. Go to Properties Window.
3. Under General tab check By Series and add a new Series.
4. Give name to the series which contains < character (eg: ‘<SampleName’).
5. Preview the dashboard.
6. Move mouse over the bars of the Chart component.
7. Notice that the Mouse over text gets truncated.
This issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID: ADAPT01369545/ADAPT01388980.
This issue has been resolved in Xcelsius Service Pack 3 Fix Pack 3.2.
Xcelsius, Phase, Theme, Missing , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem