Column chart label formatting is lost in Xcelsius 2008
Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack 3 Fix Pack 3.2.
Reproducing the Issue
- Open Xcelsius 2008
- Insert a column chart component.
- Right click on the chart and select Properties.
- On the Properties window go to Appearance and then Text tab.
- Select Vertical(Value) Axis Labels.
- Under Number format change the format from General to Numeric and set Decimal Places to 2.
- In the chart vertical axis labels will be displayed as 0.00, 20.00 etc.
- Now to go to General tab and under Data section select excel data range.
- Label formatting is lost.
Excel cell format is not set to Number and by default Xcelsius gives preference to excel cell format.
- In embeded excel file right click on excel cell containing value and go to Format Cells.
- From the Category list select Number and set Decimal places to 2.
Whenever Xcelsius component data range is aligned to excel cell it gives priority to the current excel cell format. Once the data is aligned you can then make the changes in the component properties however the formatting will be lost if the data range is aligned again to excel cells and if the format is not the same.
KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem