Leading blank spaces in the database field values are removed in Xcelsius.
Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack 3
Reproducing the Issue
1. Create a QAAWS query based of some database field which has leading blank spaces in the values.
2. Notice that the QAAWS tool shows the data with the leading blank spaces.
3. Create a sample dashboard in Xcelsius and add Query as a Web Service connection from Data Manager.
4. Import the QAAWS query to Xcelsius and bind the connection.
5. Insert a Spreadsheet Table component to the canvas.
6. Bind Spreadsheet Table component to QAAWS query cells.
7. Preview the model.
8. See the data in the Spreadsheet Table component and notice that the leading spaces are truncated.
This issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID: ADAPT01369835
This issue has been resolved in Xcelsius Service Pack 3 Fix Pack 2.
Leading, Blank Spaces, Trimmed , KBA , BI-RA-XL , BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem