Data labels on a bar chart not aligned properly at the base of X-axis in Crystal Report.
- Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1 SP3.
- Crystal Reports 2008 SP3.
Reproducing the Issue
- Open Crystal Reports designer.
- Create a new report based on 'Xtreme Sample Database' with Side by Side bar chart placed in the report header section.
- Right click on the chart and select Chart Options.
- Click on Data Labels tab.
- Check the option 'Show Data Labels'.
- Select Label Location as 'Base of Chart'.
- Select Label Format as 'Label'.
- Click on OK.
- Labels are displayed within the bar area at the bottom.
- This is a by design behaviour.
- When we create a bar chart and change the position of the data labels to base of chart then it will get placed at the bottom of the bar but not below the chart(below the x-axis values).
If we select 'Base of chart' then the label will by default get placed at the bottom of the bar.
- If the chart is displaying data for few records,then increase the width of the data labels on the bar and change the rotation of the bar to 'Horizontal' so that the labels get accomodated properly in the bar area. OR
- In the Bar chart,place the data labels at the top of the bar(Outside Maximum). OR
- Use Pie chart or Doughnut chart instead of Bar chart.In Pie chart and Doughnut chart we can display the data labels outside the chart.
Crystal Report,Bar Chart,Data Labels on X-axis. , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem