Crystal report 2008 gives error : "Invalid argument provided" after editing the query written in the add command when using MYSQL database.
- Crystal Reports 2008 SP0
- MYSQL database
Reproducing the Issue
1. Connect to a MySQL 5.0 database server.
2. Create an ODBC connection with the MySQL 5.0 ODBC driver that connects to this server.
3. Create a report based off of a command object against the connection to the MySQLdatabase.
Example: Select * From TableName
4. Add this command to the report.
5. Add fields to the report and refresh, data is then returned.
6. Go into the 'Database | Database Expert' menu option and right-click on the command and choose the 'Edit Command' option.
7. View the SQL and click 'OK' without making any changes. The following error message is displayed:
"Invalid Argument Provided.Details: The alias requested 'Command', contains a combination of characters which is not considered to be valid."
The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01128724.
This issue has been addressed by Fix Pack 1.8 .
ADAPT01128724, CR 2008 SP0 issues. , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed