As agreed with the customer, you create a down payment request to make the customer pay a part of the product amount before it has been delivered. You then release the down payment request, which makes the system generates an open item receivable in financial accounting.
When the customer pays, you go to the Receivables work center and clear this open item receivable. After that, you create a manual invoice and assign the down payment to it so that the down payment can be deducted accordingly. But when you release the invoice, you find the total net value of the invoice is not deducted with the down payment amount.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center, and choose the New Manual Invoice under Common Tasks.
- Enter the necessary information of this customer and choose View All.
- In the General tab, assign the cleared down payment request under Reference Documents.
- In the Items tab, enter the item details.
- Choose Save as Invoice.
- The new invoice is created, and if you choose to view the document flow, you can see the down payment request is added successfully.
But you can also see that the down payment amount is not deducted from the total value of the invoice.
The deduction is not reflected in the total value of the invoice. You can see the deduction by following the steps below:
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center, and choose the Invoice documents view.
- Select the invoice you just create and open it up.
- Choose View All, and navigate to the Pricing tab.
- You can see the final payment in the Received Down Payments list, which is the value after the deduction of the down payment value.
Meanwhile, after you release the customer invoice, the system generates an open item receivable in financial accounting:
- In the Receivables work center, choose the Customers view.
- Select the Customer Accounts subview.
- Select the customer in question and choose View.
You can see the customer invoice is partially cleared, and the value is the one that is deducted with the down payment amount. Now the customer only needs to pay the balance.
KBA , down payment , receivables , reference documents , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , How To