- Error: INTERNET CONNECTION NOT DETECTED
- When opening Crystal Reports, it displays in the Start Page: INTERNET CONNECTION NOT DETECTED
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- Launch Crystal Reports.
- In the Start Page, it displays the error: INTERNET CONNECTION NOT DETECTED
- The issue occurs in the following scenarios:
- There is no internet access at your current location; or
- Crystal Reports was configured to not display the Start Page information; or
- The Crystal Reports Start Page Server is unavailable.
- To display the Start Page information in Crystal Reports:
- Open an internet browser and confirm you are able to access the internet
- If you cannot access the internet, then verify you are connected to your local network.
- If you need assistance, contact your IT department or Internet provider.
- Open an internet browser and copy the following link in the URL:
WARNING - The following resolution involves editing the Registry. Using the MS Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the MS Registry Editor at your own risk. It is strongly recommended that you make a backup copy of the registry before editing it. For more information, refer to the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1323322
- 4.1 Go to the registry editor. ( In MS Windows, select Run, under the menu: Start, and type the command: regedit )
4.2 Browse to the following path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\StartPage
4.3 Set the sting value: "Show Online Resources" to "Yes"
Internet Connection Not Detected, Crystal Reports , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem