- Error: 'Crystal Reports has stopped working'
- When starting Crystal Reports on MS Windows 7, it crashes.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- MS Windows 7
Reproducing the Issue
- Install Crystal Reports
- Restart machine as suggested at the end of the installation process.
- When launching Crystal Reports, it crashes.
- Crystal Reports by default displays a Start Page with dynamic content from SAP, therefore, it will try to connect to the Internet. Due to a conflict with the file: mshtml.dll, Crystal Reports is unable to connect to the internet, and crashes.
- Disable the Crystal Reports Start Page Online Resource by renaming the file start.html and offlinestart.html:
- Navigate to the folder corresponding to the version of Crystal Reports used:
- For Crystal Reports 2008:
- C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Business Objects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\Start Page\en
- For Crystal Reports 2011, 2013 and 2016:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\Start Page\en
CR , KBA , BI-BIP-DEP , Webapp Deployment, Networking, Vulnerabilities, Webservices , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016