- Scaling Factor not respected.
- SAP BEx Query Measure Scaling Factor not respected in Crystal Reports.
- SAP BEx Query Measure Scaling works in SAP BEx Analyzer.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- BusinessObjects XI 3.1 Integration for SAP Solutions
- SAP BW 7.x
Reproducing the Issue
- In BEx Query Designer, create an SAP BW BEx Query
- Add one measure
- Set the Scaling Factor for the measure
- In BEx Query Designer, select the measure
- In the Properties window, under the tab: Display, set the Scaling Factor option from 1 to 10,000 for example.
- Save the SAP BW BEx Query
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off the SAP BEx Query, and insert the value of the measure on the report
- Notice the Scaling Factor of the measure is not respected.
For example, if we have the value: 12,345.00, and we set the Scaling Factor to 1.000, then we expect to see the value 12.34 on the report, but instead, it displays the actual value of 12,345.00 when inserting the measure in Crystal Reports.
- When reporting off an SAP BW BEx Query in Crystal Reports, it generates the following fields for each measure
- Formatted Value
- And the Value field will always be the straight value for the measure without formatting, and this is why the Scaling Factor is not taken into account
- To display the SAP BW BEx Query Measure with the Scaling Factor, insert the Field: Formatted Value of the Measure on the report.
- The Field: Formatted Value of the Measure will respect the Scaling Factor set in the SAP BW BEx Query
KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem