- When attempting to connect to a Salesforce.com from Crystal Reports, the following error message appears:
"Invalid Argument provided. Details: Java Server startup failure.
Please verify the PATH(JDK), CLASSPATH and IORFileLocation properties in the CRConfig.xml file.
In addition please verify you are using JDK 1.5"
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- The error is caused by the Firewall configuration.
- The Salesforce.com connection uses Java, and the Java.exe located in 'C:\Program Files\Business Objects\javasdk\bin' has been blocked.
- To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Check if the JAVA configured properly on the machine - use the following link: https://www.java.com/verify/
- Close Crystal Reports
- Open the firewall settings
- Add a new rule for java.exe and permit Incoming as well as Outgoing connections
- Also create a rule for crw32.exe (Crystal Reports 2008) to permit Incoming as well as Outgoing connections
- Additionally verify the following:
- Verify there is a Crystal Reports keycode in the CRConfig.xml file. ( For Crystal Reports 2008 only )
- Java uses C:\Windows\Temp for .IOR file location, check the attributes of the temp folder and uncheck 'Read-Only' attribute
- Add the computer IP Address where Crystal Reports is installed, to the trusted IP range in salesforce.com. ( SAP Knowledge Base 1294023 )
Java Server startup, Salesforce , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2011