You create a new Org Unit in Organizational Management work center and want to transfer some employees to this newly created Org Unit. When you try to transfer an employee, you cannot find the Org Unit which is created just now.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Personnel Administration work center.
- Select Regular Tasks view.
- Select Transfer Employee link.
- Fill in Transfer Date.
- Select the value help of Org Unit under New Organizational Assignment.
Where you cannot find the newly created Org Unit.
- The Transfer date entered in the screen is later than the current system date.
- The Effective from date of the newly created Org Unit is same as the Transfer Date.
The system is working as designed.
The value help of org unit in Employee Transfer screen by default is showing all valid org units as of the current system date. Since the Effective from date of the newly created org unit is same as the Transfer Date and later than current date, system is not listing this org unit which is invalid on the current date.
- Select the Value help for the org unit in the Transfer Employee screen and select the link Advanced Search.
- Enter the Valid On date (which should be equal or greater than the effective date of newly created org units).
- Enter the ID of the OrgUnit in the Find field or through the field Org Unit ID.
- Select Go button.
- Now the org unit should appear in the list and can be selected.
However, it should show all org units which are valid as of the transfer date, similar to the behavior of the value helps in the Hire and Rehire screens, which will be available in the future release.
KBA , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , Product Enhancement