- Error: "Database connector error : BAPI Error #:0 Data element does not exist"
- In Crystal Reports, when attempting to report from an SAP BW BEx Query, it fails with the error.
- Able to create reports in Crystal Reports off other SAP BW BEx Queries.
- SAP BW BEx Query that uses Formula Variable fails when attempting to create a report in Crystal Reports.
- Crystal Report 2008
- SAP Integration Kit for XI 3.1
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
Reproducing the Issue
- In SAP BEx Query Designer, create an SAP BW BEx Query with a Formula Variable.
- In Crystal Reports, create a report using the SAP BW MDX Driver off the SAP BW BEx Query that contains a Formula Variable.
- It will generate the error "Database connector error : BAPI Error #:0 Data..element does not exist in DDIC"
- The issue has been identified and tracked under ID ADAPT01477164.
- This issue has been resolved in the following product updates:
- For Crystal Reports 2008 and the SAP Integration Kit for XI 3.1:
- Fix Pack 3.3
- Service Pack 04 and above
- For Crystal Reports 2011:
- Support Pack 01 and above
- Note: After applying the product update, ensure the updated version of the SAP Integration Kit Transports are loaded to your SAP BW System.
CR, ADAPT01480206 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011, feature pack 03